Tropical Tart Tatin Recipe
Contributed by Gail Rast
- 50g unsalted butter
- ½ cup caster sugar
- Pulp of 2 passionfruit
- 1 small ripe pineapple, peeled, cored, halved lengthways & cut into 1cm slices
- 1 sheet ready rolled frozen puff pastry, thawed
- To serve: cream or ice cream
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Place the butter, sugar and passionfruit pulp in a 22cm ovenproof frypan and stir over a medium heat on the stove until the mixture comes to a boil. Arrange the pineapple slices in a concentric circle over butter mixture. Cook over a medium-high heat for 10 minutes or until the sugar starts to caramelise and turns golden brown. Remove the frypan from the heat.
2. Trim the puff pastry into a circle 2cm larger than the sauté pan. Place the pasty sheet over the pan and tuck in the edges. Prick the pastry several times.
3. Place the frypan in the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the pastry is golden. Remove from the oven and allow to stand for 5 minutes. Invert onto a serving plate, cut into slices and serve warm with cream or ice cream.