Soy-Poached Chicken with Pineapple
Contributed by Sarah Lewis
Soy-poached chicken with pineapple, an amazing summer meal perfect for bbq's.
- 3 cups water
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbs. palm sugar
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger (finely chopped)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 whole star anise
- 3 small chicken breast fillets
- ½ baby wombok (Chinese cabbage) shredded
- ½ fresh pineapple, coarsely chopped (reserve the shell)
- ¾ cup fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tbs. coarsely chopped peanuts
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tbs. palm sugar
- 2 tbs. fish sauce
- 1 small red chilli (thinly sliced)
- Combine soy sauce, ginger, palm sugar, cinnamon, star anise and chicken in a saucepan. Cook for 15 minutes over a medium to high heat or until the chicken is cooked through. Drain and reserve ½ cup of the poaching liquid. Remove star anise and cinnamon stick. Slice the chicken thinly and place in a bowl with the poaching liquid. Cover and place in fridge for a minimum of 45 minutes.
- Dressing: Whilst the chicken is cooling, combine lime juice, fish sauce, palm sugar and chilli in a small Bowl and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Pour dressing over bowl of chicken from fridge. Add the wombok, mint, coriander and pineapple. Toss to combine. Transfer to prepared pineapple shell. Top with chopped peanuts.