Pineapple and Cinnamon Rum Punch
30 minutes • Simple & Tasty • Easy Entertaining
Makes 8 drinks
- half (2 cups or 300 ml) fresh pineapple juice
- 3 cinnamon quills (or 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon)
- 2 cups (300 g) white sugar
- 2 cups (300 ml) water
- 2 cups (300 ml) spiced rum
- 4 limes, juiced (150 ml)
- quarter (2 cups or 200 g) pineapple, cut into wedges, to garnish ice
- Make cinnamon sugar syrup by adding cinnamon, sugar and water to a small saucepan. Cook for 10 minutes on high heat then remove from heat, then allow to cool.
- In a large bowl or jug add cooled cinnamon sugar syrup (including cinnamon quills if used) to pineapple, rum and lime juice then stir until mixed well.
- To serve, ladle punch over ice. Garnish with cut pineapple wedge.
Fun Pineapple Fact
Pineapples spread around the world because they were kept on ships to ward off sailors' scurvy. Sailors would wash their pineapples down with a ‘pony’ (measure) of rum.
More pinapple facts.