Pineapple Bark Smoked Chicken
45 minutes • Simple & Tasty • Easy Impress
Try this recipe for an amazing Pineapple Bark Smoked Chicken! A great dinner option!
- 2 strips of pineapple bark, thinly cut, coarsely chopped
- quarter cup (60 g) caster sugar
- quarter cup (60 g) salt
- quarter cup (25 g) fresh sage, coarsely chopped
- 6 BBQ coals
- 4 chicken thigh cutlets, skin on
Pineapple and Coconut Sauce
- 1 cup (100 g) pineapple, diced
- half cup (125 ml) chicken stock
- half cup (125 ml) coconut milk
For Pineapple Bark Smoke:
- Heat BBQ coals until white-hot.
- Line a small metal dish with three layers of aluminium foil. Place coals on foil.
- Peel pineapple bark in thin strips from fruit, roughly chop, and then combine chopped bark with sugar, salt and sage.
- Layer on top of coals in dish. To smoke chicken, place chicken pieces on BBQ resting rack and close lid for 15 minutes.
For Pineapple Coconut Sauce:
Reduce sauce ingredients in a small sauce pan over medium heat for 15 minutes or until reduced by half.
Once chicken is smoked, cook on BBQ grill for 5 minutes either side until browned. Serve on steamed rice, drizzled with sauce and accompanied by a fresh green salad.
Fun Pineapple Fact
Pineapple skin, also known as 'bark', can be used to smoke meats. Just rub with salt and sugar and put on hot coals.
More pineapple facts.