Pineapple and Custard Tarts
20 minutes • Delicious Dessert • Easy Impress
- quarter (1 1⁄2 cups or 200 g) pineapple, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- half cup (125 ml) thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- half teaspoon vanilla extract
- half cup (125 ml) thick custard
- 8 small pastry tart shells
For Pineapple topping:
- Heat fry pan to medium high, then melt butter until foaming.
- Add diced pineapple, sprinkle with caster sugar and sauté for 4 minutes, stirring once per minute or until pineapple begins to caramelise. Set aside and cool.
For Custard filling:
- In a large bowl whisk cream, icing sugar and vanilla until firm peaks form, then stir in custard.
- Spoon custard cream filling into tart shells.
- Top with cooked pineapple and dust with icing sugar to serve.
Fun Pineapple Fact
Pineapple keeps well in the freezer. Freezing pineapple for use at a later date is a good way to conserve what you have today for another day.
More pineapple facts.