Pineapple & Avocado Salsa
A refreshing blend of avocados, lime, peppers, coriander and tropical pineapples
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch-thick rings
- 1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 small Hass avocados
- 3 tbsp lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tbsp jalapeno pepper (about 1 small pepper), minced & seeded
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves, coarsely chopped
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium hot.
- Brush pineapple rings lightly with oil, and season with salt and pepper. Grill until brown and caramelized, about 8 minutes per side. Or cook on a grill pan over medium heat for 12 to 15 minutes on each side.
- Cool slightly, and cut into 1-inch chunks. Transfer to a bowl.
- Halve avocados; remove and discard pit and peel. Cut flesh into 1/2-inch chunks; add to pineapple along with lime juice, jalapeno, and coriander.
- Toss to combine, and serve.