King’s Banquet 2011
Love fresh pineapple? We do too! In fact, we love it so much we scoured the nation for the best fresh pineapple recipes in the country. King of Fruit pineapples are picked fresh from the farm and delivered to stores around Australia every single week of the year, so whether you want something to warm your tummy in winter, tingle your tastebuds in Spring, or cool your forehead in summer, there’s a fresh pineapple recipe for you. Right through October and November 2011 we offered a $1,000 first prize to whoever could create the best fresh pineapple recipe, as voted by the people of Australia, and four $100 runner-up prizes for whoever created the best snack, main, dessert and drink using King of Fruit pineapples.
Congratulations to the talented winners!
The main course prize went to Sarah Lewis with her fantastic soy-poached chicken with pineapple. The best dessert, as voted by you, was Linda Lum's tropical sunrise tart and Sue Nixon's pineapple dip won the snacks category!
All the recipes are now available in our pineapple recipes archive so click on over and check them out.
Oh, and in case you were wondering, the terms and conditions of the competition are below.
Terms & Conditions
- Information on how to enter, mechanics of entry and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry. Entry is via Internet only.
- Entry into the promotion is only open to Australian residents (Entrants). The directors, management and employees (and their immediate families, including their children and wards) of the Promoter, its related entities, suppliers, providers and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter the promotion.
- Entrants aged under 18 years must obtain the consent of their parent or legal guardian to enter the promotion and provide personal information about themselves. All entries of Entrants who are under the age of 18 years and enter the promotion without disclosing (or attempting to conceal) their age (as and where required) and/or do not provide the required parental consent (as and where required) will be deemed invalid. These Conditions of Entry will bind the Entrants and any parent or legal guardian who gives their consent (for Entrants aged under 18 years). If any prize winner is aged under 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the parent or legal guardian who consented to the winner entering the promotion on behalf of the winner, at the discretion of the Promoter.
- Promotion starts at 12:01am (AEST) on 26/09/2011 and ends 11:59pm (AEST) on 30/11/2011 (Promotional Period).
- Entries will be deemed accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter. Incomplete, inaccurate, erroneous, ineligible or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries.
- Total maximum prize pool value is $2,000. Consisting of:
- $1,000 first prize and a year’s supply of King of Fruit pineapples (defined as 52 pineapples per year which can be collected from the nearest King of Fruit retailer to the winner) for the entrant whose recipe receives the most votes overall
- $100 for the entrant in the entrée category whose recipe receives the most votes (or the second most votes if the first prize winner is from the same category).
- $100 for the entrant in the mains category whose recipe receives the most votes (or the second most votes if the first prize winner is from the same category).
- $100 for the entrant in the dessert category whose recipe receives the most votes (or the second most votes if the first prize winner is from the same category).
- $100 for the entrant in the drinks category whose recipe receives the most votes (or the second most votes if the first prize winner is from the same category).
- The prizes are not transferable or exchangeable. The prizes must be taken as offered and cannot be varied. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value. All prize values are the recommended retail price including GST.
- Entrants can only enter in their own name. Entrants who provide incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information are ineligible to participate in the promotion and all entries of an Entrant who is deemed by the Promoter to have provided incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information may, at the discretion of the Promoter, be deemed invalid. The Promoter reserves the right to request the Entrant produce (within the requested time) appropriate photo identification or other documentation (to the Promoter’s satisfaction, at its sole discretion) in order to confirm the Entrant’s identity, age, residential address and eligibility to enter and claim a prize
- Entrants may enter as many recipes in as many categories as they like, providing the category they enter is appropriate to the recipe (for example, if it has ice cream and a pastry base, it's a dessert, not a snack). The promoter reserves the right to enter an entry into a different category other than the one submitted at the promoter's discretion.
- The same entry may not be entered into more than one category.
- If any documentation required by the Promoter is not received by the Promoter (or its nominated agent) or an Entrant or entry has not been verified or validated to the Promoter’s satisfaction then all the entries of that Entrant may be ineligible and deemed invalid.
- By entering the competition, the entrant confirms that the copyright in all image, video and recipe content is held by them and that a licence to use the content is granted to the promoter.
- It is a condition of entering that all intellectual property created by the entrant may be used by the promoter for promotional purposes and re-published on the King of Fruit website, or other brochure, flyer, advertisement or other website as the promoter sees fit.
- Each person may only cast one vote for each recipe, although you may vote for multiple recipes.
- The use of any automated entry software or any mechanical, electronic or other means that allows an Entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that Entrant invalid.
- Any attempt to cause malicious damage or interference with the normal functioning of the Promotional Website, or the information on the Promotional Website, or to otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. If the Promoter suffers loss or incurs any costs in connection with any breach of these conditions of entry or any other legal obligation by an Entrant, the Entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for those losses, damages and costs.
- If a prize or element of a prize becomes unavailable, for any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, then a comparable prize or prize element of equal or greater value will be awarded in lieu, subject to any written directions made under applicable State or Territory legislation.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies are not liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss), damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (including but not limited to that arising from any person's negligence) in connection with entering the competition, taking any prize or using any prize, except any liability that cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The Promoter and its agents associated with this promotion take no responsibility for a prize (or part of a prize) damaged or lost in transit (if relevant). All warranty claims in regards to a prize should be directed to the applicable manufacturer and not the Promoter.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies are not responsible for any problems, delays or technical malfunction of any telephone or network or lines, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on a network or a mobile network or any combination thereof, or any other technical failures including any damage to Entrant's or any other person's mobile handset, computer or peripherals related to, or resulting from, participation in this promotion or the downloading of any materials related to this promotion.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter including but without limitation technical malfunctions or failures.
- The promoter reserves the right to alter the terms and conditions at any stage of the competition with all changes being retrospective.
- If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter including because of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including natural disaster), infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion and/or if necessary to provide an alternative prize or prizes to the same value as an original prize or prizes, subject to any written directions made under applicable State or Territory legislation.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of any and all entries and reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant for: (a) tampering with the entry process; (b) for submitting an entry which is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry; or (c) if the Entrant is engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- As a condition of entering this promotion, an Entrant consents to, in the event they are a winner, the Promoter using the Entrant’s name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without further notification, remuneration or compensation for the purpose of promoting, publicising or marketing the promotion (including any outcome), and/or promoting any products or services manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter. The Entrant agrees that, in the event they are a winner, the Entrant will participate in all reasonable promoted activities in relation to the Promotion as requested by the Promoter and its agents.
- An entry and any copyright subsisting in an entry irrevocably becomes, at time of entry, the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about an Entrant to include the Entrant in the promotion and, where appropriate, award prizes. If the personal information requested is not provided, the Entrant cannot participate in the promotion and is deemed ineligible.
- Promoter: Topical Pineapples Pty Ltd, PO Box 1054 Yeppoon QLD 4703 Australia