HAV-O Cocktail Recipe
When Oprah Winfrey began her ultimate Australian adventure on the iconic Whitsunday's Whitehaven Beach Curtis Stone greeted her with the ultimate Australian cocktail — the Hav-O!
- 1/4 cup fresh King of Fruit Pineapple juice
- 1 table spoon liquid from wild hibiscus flowers in syrup
- A generous "shot" (40 mls) of Sagatiba Pure Cachaça (Cachaça is a white Brazilian sugar cane spirit made from fresh pressed sugar cane juice. Read more at the Sagatiba website - or if you can't find it, you could try using your favourite white rum)
- 1 wild hibiscus flower from the jar
Learn How to Make the Hav-O Pineapple Cocktail
Learn how to make a Hav-O from the man himself, Hayden Wood. The iconic Aussie cocktail is an unforgettable delicious cocktail featuring King of Fruit pineapple.
- First, juice half a King of Fruit Pineapple as they are the juiciest pine around! This should give enough juice to make at least four drinks.
- Add the juice, hibiscus flower syrup (available at most beverage retailers) and cachaça (a Brazilian liquor) to a cocktail shaker and shake well. Pour over ice into a tall highball glass.
- Garnish with the hibiscus flower and serve with a straw.
Fun Pineapple Fact
Although originally from South America, most of the world's pineapples now come from Southeast Asia. Thailand is said to be the biggest producer of pineapples in the region.
This recipe featured on the official Oprah website from her trip to Australia. Mixologist Hayden Wood (aka Woody) from Woody's Liquid Kitchen created this cocktail for Oprah's Australian beach "barbie" using freshly juiced, local pineapples.