Fish Cakes with Pineapple & Avocado Salsa
45 minutes • Simple & Tasty • Easy Impress
Try this recipe for delicious fish cakes with pineapple & avo salsa. You should probably make a few batches because these won't last long!
8 fish cakes
- 400 g skinless boneless fresh white fish fillets (e.g. ling, barramundi or blue eye trevalla)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 spring onion, ends trimmed and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 cup (90 g) breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Pineapple and Avocado Salsa
- quarter (1 cup or 100 g) pineapple, finely diced
- 1 large ripe avocado, diced
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- quarter small red onion, finely diced
- quarter cup (25 g) fresh coriander leaves, coarsely chopped
For Pineapple and Avocado Salsa:
add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and toss gently to coat. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve in a bowl with a spoon.
For fish cakes:
- mix fish and egg whites in a food processor until combined.
- In a bowl combine fish mix with spring onion, dill and breadcrumbs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Flatten tablespoonful portions of fish cake mixture into pan.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes each side or until golden. Serve on platter topped with Pineapple and Avocado Salsa.
Fun Pineapple Fact
Pineapple is low in calories, sodium, saturated fats and cholesterol while being a rich source of fibre.
More pineapple facts.