Aussie Beef and Pineapple Burgers
30 minutes • Quick and Easy • Family Favourite
Follow this recipe for delicious Aussie beef and pineapple burgers. Great for a summer BBQ!
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 pineapple rings (2 cm thick)
- 4 hamburger buns, halved
- 4 ready made beef burger patties
- lettuce leaves, torn
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced chunky tomato chutney (your favourite brand), to serve
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook onions for 3-4 minutes or until soft. Set aside.
- Cook pineapple rings for 3 minutes each side or until golden. Remove and set aside.
- Toast burger buns.
- Cook burger patties for 4 minutes each side until browned.
For assembly: Place lettuce on base of each bun. Top with cooked burger patty, chutney, pineapple, tomato, and onions then bun lid. Serve with chips and more chutney on the side.
Pineapple Health Benefit
Bromelain, a natural enzyme which is found in pineapples, is excellent for digestion.